So far it looks like we are going to have a mild summer. We’ve had hot days and then we’ve had not so hot days. Regardless of the temperature outside you can always put together something sweet and delicious to get you in the summery mood. Here is a quick and tasty idea that is great for a backyard barbeque or a treat you can enjoy taking in the sun from your bay window.
What you will need:
Studio Cakes vanilla cake or vanilla cake mix
Fruits- Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
Short plastic wine glasses from the dollar store
What to do:
1. Bake your favourite vanilla cake in a 2” thick rectangular pan.
2. Once the cake is cool, use a long knife to slice the cake slab into two parts. Slice cake horizontally.
3. Use the mouth of your plastic wine glass to cut out cake circles. You will need two cut outs for each glass.
4. Slice your fruit if necessary and mix a variety of fruit in a bowl.
5. Place one cake cut out in the wine glass. Add a puff of whipped cream, place another cake cut out in the glass and add another puff of whipped cream.
6. Top cups with fruits.
7. Add mint leaves as garnish or slice a strawberry and place on side of glass for presentation.
Tip* Spice up your Cake Parfaits by adding two tablespoons of your favourite sweet liqueur like a Sherry.
Not so savvy in the kitchen? Order a variety of desserts from Studio Cakes today!